[fa type=”child”] Student Interns at the Esperanza
The Esperanza Peace and Justice Center advocates for those wounded by domination and inequality, standing up for women, people of color, queer and working class communities, the poor, and the earth itself. Interns are integral to this mission of social and environmental justice, cultural preservation, and community engagement.
We are likewise committed to the professional development of interns and strive to provide them with a quality-learning environment. An internship at the Esperanza helps foster the skills needed for job placement and advancement in various nonprofit, arts, social advocacy, and community organizing fields.
As an Intern at the Esperanza Peace and Justice Center you will be able to:
- Increase awareness of and promote the values and mission of the Esperanza Center
- Grow as conscious individuals
- Expose individuals to career options within the social justice field
- Sharpen professional skills required in these fields
- Develop and improve individual personal and professional growth
- Develop into lifelong community activists, leaders and overall Buena Gente (Good People)
Internships require a minimum commitment of 120-150 hours per academic semester (roughly 10-15 hours a week) with a regular weekly schedule.
Internship positions are limited on a semester basis. Application deadlines for the year are as follows:
Fall Deadline: 2nd Week of July
Spring Deadline: 2nd Week of November
Summer Deadline: 2nd Week of March
Please send a complete package including:
- Letter of interest
- Letter of Recommendation
- Availability Schedule
- Optional but encouraged: Examples of work (graphic design, writing samples, social media management examples, etc.)
Packages can be sent through regular mail, delivered, our online form below, or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submit via Email
Remember to put the word “Internship” into the subject line.
For Mail Submission:
Esperanza Peace & Justice Center
922 San Pedro Ave., San Antonio TX 78212
Attn: Intern Coordinator